Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Friday, June 8, 2012

Where do you stand?

Tonight I went walking in the woods gazing up at the sky.  I couldn’t help but notice the silhouette of the trees along the horizon and enjoyed lurking through the tall pines at the twinkling stars.  As I came upon the lake it was quite evident just how vast the night sky truly is looking up over the hills and into the dark abyss.  It magnifies our presence of living now, and makes one realize the vastness of eternity.  Maybe in our western world we are too busy to look up and see what the rest of the world views each night without all trappings of our harried culture.

I haven’t watched the news in awhile, and stopped for just a few minutes to investigate the report of young children being slaughtered in the streets.  They are in their own neighborhoods believing and longing for safety and security where others who disregard the value of life just kill for the sake of killing.  Why?  We sit here worrying about our dining choices, how to pay for a new car or vacation without realizing the dire need of those who so desperately long for peace.  We are so blind, perhaps truly apathetic and uncaring.

So, you are probably inquiring how is it that Rob is connecting a walk in the dark woods gazing at stars to the value of little children lives a half a world away.  Maybe if you have read a few of my writings then you know the depth of my soul.  I truly care, I truly long for the world to experience peace.  Sometimes to find peace we have to make decisions to concede, to live with the status quo, or to fight.  In the case of the little children and the merciless condition of their enemies, I think we should fight.  How do we do so, by choosing to stand for peace!

I will not apologize for standing up for little children, they do not deserve to witness tragedy, they do not deserve to be pawns in a sick game.  I believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  The question is… does the rest of world, and does the rest of my country know the true meaning of those words and willing to take a stand, or continue to live with blind apathy?  Sadly, I think I already know the answer.

So where do you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment