Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Nothing Ventured - Nothing Gained!"

Tonight, I felt compelled to write just a few words about relationships, no I am not an expert, nor do I purport to be, however there are some thoughts I would like to share.  First of all, when you truly respect and admire someone you are unafraid to expose who you are.  We all have faults, and we all have positive attributes.  When we find ourselves opening up and revealing the truth of who we are with others and share our deepest feelings, we then we are able to create unbreakable bonds.  As an individual, I am very fortunate indeed to have many close friends who love me and I them.  If I called tonight in the early hours and asked for real help, I know they would come, as I would for them. 

When it comes to male and female relationships, we sometimes must realize not everyone is at the same place in their being-hood.  Some individuals are still grappling at handling hurt, others are prepping themselves for a relationship, and some are truly ready to spread their wings and immerse themselves completely into a new venture with a willing partner.

I was reading a book talking about living life like an ant.  We must carry our weight, be patient and take things one step at a time in our stride.  There are many people who want to rush the steps A, B, C to Z, versus realizing there may be a few more steps in between.  Others are afraid and paralyzed by the hurt they hold from the past.  The real reality of our lives is we must be brave, bold and courageous.  Remember the cliché, “nothing ventured, nothing gained.”  So here I am today like a modern day Ann Landers providing advice:  do not be afraid, do not fear, rather believe the best about others, about yourself and realize this is your life to live today.

I believe in love.  I have been in love many times, and even though I also have experienced hurt and caused hurt; I am still unafraid to march forth.  This life of ours is a very precious gift, and we must realize the sanctity of what we have.  Today is a good day to take a few steps just like those little ants.  Today is a good day to tightly embrace one of your friends, verbally express your love, admiration and respect. It is a good day to believe.

Our feelings and emotions are quite powerful, quite convincing to this ‘ole universe we live in, and I pray this day, that we all are able to live with great faith expecting only the best. 

These thoughts are good first steps to creating the kind of lasting relationships you seek in your life.  My family and friends are the most important people in my life as I am sure they are in yours too.  So, today decide to make a difference in their lives.  Decide today to do something good for someone to affect their life for the better. 

Some of you who read my words, I know quite well.  Some of you, maybe we have met maybe once or twice, and for many of you, we have never seen the whites of one another’s eyes.  Regardless, tonight, this night in mid-May, I want you to know that I admire you, some of you I truly deeply love maybe more than you realize.  I pray your lives are fulfilled, you find happiness, real love and true peace of mind.    



No comments:

Post a Comment