Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Monday, October 1, 2012

Innocence

Tonight, I feel compelled to write about innocence.  It is a shame we all cannot rewind our lives back to our childhood when we longed so much to know about the world.  In our ignorance we wanted to know about everything, when in reality we were so protected from the brashness of this world which kept us from harm and without knowledge of how polluted this world truly is.  Polluted with disdain towards others due to their origins, their color, their pasts without realizing there is nothing different between any of us, except our ideologies.  We all bleed the same.  The truth is God loves us all.   He truly does, even the ones we feel do not deserve it, He loves them.  In His eyes, we are all Holy.

So this evening, the question I pose to you, who is holy in your eyes?  Have you been deceived?  Are you deceiving yourself, and if so, are you ready to grow and to expand your horizons and the limits of your being-hood.  Do you truly know what love is …and who do you love most?

What if I told you that I loved you, would you believe it, would you accept me, would you acknowledge the purity found in my eyes?  I wish we could all go back to a time of innocence, a day where we accepted everyone, smiled, extended our arms unafraid to take the hand of others.  We called everyone our friends, we shared and we loved without worry of what we might receive; only concerned with what we had to give.  We said hello to strangers and we did not fear.  Ah! those days of innocence. 

If I placed my finger on your lips and gazed into your eyes, what would you feel?  When you look deeply into my eyes, who do you see and what do you sense?  Are you able to sense the real me and connect with my soul, or are you skeptical of my intentions and ambivalent about what lies in my heart? 

Today, I pray we are able to find our way back to a day of innocence, and when we arrive may we all discover love, find peace, and experience holiness in one another.  Peace to you and your journey in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment