Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Who can you help?

Today, I picked up a hitchhiker thumbing his way to my home town.  Ironically, I was 50 miles from home and saw him standing in the rain.  He was wearing a camouflage jacket, had nothing with him and possessed an appearance of innocence.  Upon picking him up, I took note of his demeanor, where he placed his hands and studied his body language, as in this ‘ole world of ours nowadays you can never be too careful.  It was coincidence that he was heading my way, and obviously it was just me riding in my automobile, so there was no reason precluding me from picking him up.

We talked about politics, he mused about the weather, his job and the harshness he felt in his life. 
Of course, I listened and realized how blessed I am to be me.

Upon dropping him off at his destination which happened to be only a few blocks from my home, he quipped that he was not an angel, but perhaps if he was I should play the lottery today.

Well, for those of you who truly know me, most likely a lottery ticket will not be purchased this day, but I was happy to help someone who really needed me, if just to bum a ride.

I am not suggesting you pick up a hitchhiker, however, today there is someone who needs you.  Maybe you are needed to only just to pay a compliment, provide a hug or loan lunch money.  The world needs everyone of us and if God truly resides in our hearts, maybe we should show the world some of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment