Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Friday, October 24, 2014

Follow me!




God said, “Why is it you never listen to me?”
“Why do you always listen to those in the world?”
“How come you never read my word, and when you do, fail to take heed?”
“Why do you chase after the riches and pleasures of this world, rather than realizing
seeking after me, you will be given all you ever desire.”
“I know what you see in her eyes, but is she really what you want?”
“I know what you need, what you long for and truly what is best for you.
 “Follow me.”
Man said, “I know it is always best to follow you like a small child, but why
is it that I believe what is best for me rather than you who created the universe?”
God said, “I gave you free will, and it is your nature.”
Man said, “Why would you give me such a gift that creates at times so much misery in my life,
and could send me eternally in the flames of hell?”
God said, “I chose you to be my child, all you have to do is follow.”
Man responded, “Is it really that easy? …then why do I make it so hard?”
God remarked, “Life is only hard if you choose it to be that way.”
God continued, “Life is whatever you believe it to be, easy or hard, free and empowering or perhaps
 imprisoning, it is whatever you choose it to be.” “If you want it to be the best, then just follow me.”
The man remarked, “I will try!”
God smiled, “I will give you strength, and enough faith to believe in you and in me.”
Grateful, the man said, “Thank you Lord!
And God remarked, “I love you and I always will, just listen to me and your life will maybe not always be easy, but you will partake of all the greatest fruits… love, peace and joy. Go in peace, and by all means always follow me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment