Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If there were two of me...

It’s too bad there is only one of me!  It would be so nice to be twenty again.  If there were two of me an older and a younger version, just think of the possibilities I could create, the fun to be had, the love to be expressed.  If there were two of me, maybe the older me - the real me would be harsh, pragmatic and distressed over the doings of the younger me.  The younger me I am sure with all the knowledge of the older me, would be more outgoing, less fearful, more free, incredibly more expressive exuding confidence and finding himself re-living the unfulfilled fantasies and passions of the older me.
Then I think, it is really nice to be the older me, sure I would rather look like and feel like the younger me, and if I knew then what I know now…wow!  I am sure the younger me today would be much more impulsive, unrestrained and filled with surprising confidence saddled up and ready to live, live, live chasing dreams thinking how great it will be when I am the older me. 
But here I am, the older me, the real me!  So what complaint do I have?  In reality, I am the older younger me, inside of me there lies the unexpressed passions, daring do, and a restlessness awaiting for release.  Let’s travel the world, experience adventure, embrace life, pack more into each day, sleep less and live more.  There is so much more living to do.  Older me quell your fears, decide to be successful today, let not anything stop you, harm you, dust off your feet and march forward!  Keep on praying, keep on living, guard your thoughts and guide them to fulfill the completion of your dreams, create more and live your fantasies.  God wants to give you what you want.  He wants you to live, live, live!  He didn’t make you to muddle, complain and cry, rather He made you to be all you can be before you die.
So dear reader my friend, here I am the real me, the person you think you know.  I have so much to do and I am going to do it!  Listen as I tell the former me good bye, in the game of life, practice is over the game clock starts now.  Me, you are the starting line-up and you are your own shining star.  So, what you waiting for?  Get out there and go get them!  Life is to be lived, lived, lived and you are the only one who can decide. Today is the day and you are man!  This moment is created by God just for you, make this day, this present moment, your greatest moment, your greatest gift to God and to you by living not as two, but who you are.  There’s no one stopping you, there is no one who loves you more than you. Who has to put up with you more than you, and encourage you more than you,  and of course, be with you all the time more than you?  So, as you travel throughout this day, keep your head-up and live life all the way.
Remember the best of all the old days, the memories which inspired you.
“For yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow is only a vision, but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.” – Author Unknown  

No comments:

Post a Comment