Romance in Motion

Romance in Motion
"The Singing Butler" - Jack Vettriano

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Island


No one loves me
Or wants to love me
I am an Island
Elusive, far off and deserted
Sometimes there are visitors, but no one stays
There are those I want to love
There are others I approach, 
but they seem not to care
Sometimes when I try, it is not the right fit, and I know
Those that know me realize the expansive of truth of who I am
They embrace me and are unafraid
I am real, grounded and seasoned
Perhaps too complex for some
Perhaps too simple for others
Perhaps too perfect, or too imperfect
What does it really matter, I am accepting of reality
No one is perfect, nor am I
There is good and there is bad
So what!

I want to sail the ocean and chase the sun and the moon.
I want to see all the stars in the dark sky glisten upon waters of the sea
I am unafraid of the abyss.
I have courage, just seeking another courageous soul.
Time is passing too fast
Maybe we should chase moments rather than eternity
Of course, it is the most spectacular moments which create the memories
making eternity palatable
Does that make sense to you?
I want to smile and bring smiles and happiness into the world
much more so than you really know.
Perhaps my existence is not important to the world or to truly anyone,
the annals of time will soon forget my presence.
Do you know anyone from 100 years ago which means anything to you?
Who thinks you are special? Of course, your list is much longer than mine.
Pity is foolish, especially self-pity.
I will keep trying, perhaps one day may find a hand that fits in mine.
A smile which never tires of the one they see
I love you, you know that… right!
You should!
I am leaving this forsaken island, it is time you leave too.
Good Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment